Navigating Ethical Minefields
Friday, January 29
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
3 contact hour CEUs in ethics
Ethical issues in counseling and social work are impacted by personal values, relationships, administrative responsiblity and legal boundaries. In this workshop, you'll gain awareness of ethical mines in your field of work and how codes of ethics can help you navigate those minefields. When difficult situations arise, you'll be equipped to make good decisions that avoid sticky dilemmas.
- Dr. Loretta Bradley, LPC, LPC-S, LMFT, LMFT-S, is the Counselor Education Program Coordinator for Texas Tech University
- Dr. Bret Hendricks, LPC and LPC-S, is Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Professor and Clinical Director of Counselor Education at Texas Tech University
- Help participants understand how to implement/incorporate codes of ethics
- Help attendees become more aware of ethical traps
- Help attendees understand how to avoid ethical traps
- Help attendees avoid ethical and legal issues
Participants will need Zoom-capable technology to participate in this workshop. Participants must have their camera on to verify their attendance and receive credit for the course.
The workshop qualifies for 3 hours of CEUs for Ethics. Attendees who attend the entire session will receive a CEU certificate.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If you need to cancel a course registration, contact the Extended Studies office at least 4 business days prior to the start of class. Your registration fee will be refunded less a $20 processing fee; please allow three weeks for processingCancellations after this date will result in forfeiture of all fees paid.
By phone at 806-651-2037
By email email@example.com
WTAMU Extended studies may cancel a course due to bad weather, emergencies, or low enrollment. If the class is cancelled more than 24 hours ahead of time, you will be notified by email. If the class is cancelled within 24 hours of the start time, you will receive a phone call. Your registration fee will be refunded in full; please allow three weeks for processing.